Friday, April 18, 2008

Boring stocks bought today

My investment philosophy is to identify company that are undervalued to its intrinsic value. As I am not Warren Buffet, I have a huge margin of safety of 50% as my safety net. Secondly, I look at growing ROE of about 15% and above (as it indicated Management ability to grow retained earning) and consistent EPS (Even better if it is growing). Business must be able to be self funded through its operating activities and not borrow excessively. Lastly, profit margin must be 10% and above.

I intend to use this blog to track my investment portfolio.

Celestial Nutrifood deal with soya bean and Pacific Andes deal with fish. Both are trading at PE ratio of 5+ as compared to their respective industry PE ratio of 20+. I believe both are undervalued to their intrinsic value. This represent a excellent chance to buy in given that the equity market had been battered due to the sub-prime market. I believe the US will clear up their mess by 2009 and all losses would be factored in.

Company Date Bought Shares Price Bought
Pacific Andes 18-Apr-08 4000 0.485
Celestial Nutrifood 18-Apr-08 3000 0.64

No comments: